Written by: Vicky Bullen, CEO
The aim of M&As – whether realised or not – is growth, and that means that much more consideration must be given to the brand. Because brand is viewed as an intangible asset it’s too often overlooked – invariably missed off the balance sheet. But it should be a central part of the due diligence process because the impact on the business post-merger on brand equity, customer loyalty and talent will be significant.
There are six ways brand can help make a merger or acquisition more successful:
- Ensuring brand value is engineered in the long term.
- Understanding and integrating two different corporate cultures.
- Defining a vision for the newly merged entity.
- Leveraging existing equity vs communicating change.
- Ensuring the day of the deal announcement is not a missed opportunity.
- Inspiring employees to bring the new company vision to life.
Read the full article here to learn more.